Monday, April 21, 2014

Fayette County Garden Tour, Garden Four


This Saturday, April 26th, the Fayette County Master Gardener's will host a tour of five gardens. Our garden will be the fourth stop on the tour. There will be four other gardens that are outstanding. Garden One features a 34 acre woodland paradise with a musical stream, Native Azaleas and a granite shoals. Garden Two is similar to a Charleston row house courtyard with an Italian fountain. Garden Three features the largest conifer collection south of Atlanta and 75 varieties of Japanese Maples. Garden Five offers ideas for entertaining featuring a landscaped patio, pool and water feature. 
Our garden has a variety of Native Azaleas


Azaleas
  Dogwoods, Lenten Roses and Hydrangeas
Many shade loving plants, such as a variety of ferns and Hostas and Spider Wort-
A  water feature
Screened porch
If your're in the area please drop by!  Although, I am not a Master Gardner, I'm honored to be included on this tour. I would love to see you and the proceeds go to a great cause!
The Fayette Citizen has published and article about this tour. As soon as it's on line I will post the link.






16 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You must be very pleased to be included, Betsy! Your garden photos are just lovely. Things are just starting to bloom here.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Kathy. I was pleased, but it has been a lot of work. My Dad has been sick again and I have been running crazy. Thank you for your kind comments about the garden. I hope it's a pretty day- fingers crossed.

NanaDiana said...

OMGOoodness- It took me a minute to realize where I was- I thought I had clicked on the wrong blog. Your new header looks GREAT and I lvoe the clean, crisp look of your blog, too.

I so wish I could make that tour- I would walk right in and say- I know that Betsy gal that owns this place...now where IS she? lol It looks gorgeous. Wish I could see it in person! xo Diana

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Your garden is beautiful, Betsy. I would never want to leave. I hope our next house has lots of trees, so I can grow hostas and ferns again. I haven't been able to figure out what to grow in a full-sun yard! :)

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you Diana and Sheila! Your kind comments just made my day! Sheila, I love shade plants too. You have been so kind to share some with me from your Dad's home. I love them!

Dana Bishop said...

OK, so how many creative and eloquent ways can I say that your gardens are incredible? I mean it. I would skip the other gardens and come straight to yours. I'm so impressed.

Hugs Betsy!

Dee Lapin said...

OMG I wish I could attend Betsy! I love azaleas and just viewing your gardens would be heaven for me. How super that your garden is part of the tour.
I LOVE the pond! It's so grand and beautiful. We have a small one in our yard.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you Dana and Dee! I appreciate your kind comments! The tour earns money for a charity, so I don't mind participating. Hope all is well with you two. Thanks for stopping by!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh I wish I could be there Betsy...I so love your gardens!!!...Have fun!!!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Shirley! I wish you could be here too! I know you've been busy with your photo shoot though! I can't wait to see it!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Betsy, Sure enjoyed the tour of your garden. Your blooms are gorgeous and this should surly be a feature in a garden magazine.
What an honor to be in the tour.

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your kind words at Kathy's series today. I really enjoyed my visit here tonight and a new follower now too. Hope you can stop by and visit me sometime too.
Hugs!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

I just love this time of year!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, friends! Your kind comments always make my day!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Betsy, I am sorry that I missed this post, but I just simply haven't been in blogland......again. I am amazed that someone can remember that name to any plant. Yours are beautiful. May I move into the screened in porch?? I love it!!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Just catching up on my blog reading. Your gardens are gorgeous! Wish I loved closer. I would love to see it in all of its glory!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Shenita! I'm so sorry I was late answering your kind note. For some reason it didn't show up on my feed. Many thanks for your thoughtfulness!