Monday, January 27, 2014

Valentine's Day Mantels & Some Great Deals

I know ya'll recognize our porch!  I know I show it all the time; I'm sorry! I just wanted to share some good deals, that are available, if you decorate for Valentine's Day. Decorating in red, for Valentines' Day, is new for me. Usually, I use pink and white and just do a few vignettes. Blogland has inspired me to branch out a little.
I found this rag garland at Michael's for 50% off. It was $7.50; I couldn't have made it for that and then add my time! The red heart lights were $3, at Target. I added  fuzzy hearts from the Dollar Store to fluff it a bit. 
The felt hearts are from Target's $1 bin- what a deal!
All are so simple and easy! 


I know you also recognize the mantel in the office. Previously, I shared "The Key To My Heart" craft, on the right.


I had these vintage postcards, from the 1880's. Don't you love their handwriting? 

I found this banner at Hobby Lobby for $5.25. Usually. I make one, but again, add in material and time and this was a better deal, for me. I added Ric-Rack trim and the roses. The roses were on sale for $4 for 12 and I had the red Ric-Rack. My blogging friend, Dana, at The Starfish Studio, makes the cutest Ric-Rack flowers! She has a beautiful blog, gorgeous photos and is very creative. I know you will be thrilled you stopped by her blog!  

 I tore the bindings off of paper backed books that I use for crafting and added these starched, red, burlap hearts. This covers the center speaker under the tv.  

I'm such a fan of toile- to me, it's timeless and romantic and these urns have cherubs on them.
Many thanks for taking a look at my blog today! You're visits, time and comments are appreciated! 






23 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the garlands and all the hearts. You found some great deals to decorate with.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your touches of Valentine's Day, Betsy. I think the store's put it out already marked down, especially when they've got Spring stuff out already.

Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home} said...

Love that bunting and the old postcards, so darling! I hear you about the red. I've not really used it either. But what better time??

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thanks! You are all just the best friends! Thanks for putting up with the porch and office more time! I'm with you, Kathy. They mark things up to mark them down!

NanaDiana said...

I love your Valentine Day mantles. That garland is fantastic for that price. I spent an hour looking for my Valentine stuff this morning. I have NO idea where it is!!! It should have been packed in with my "odd" seasonal stuff. lol ODDly enough, I seemed to have misplaced it! xo Diana

Nancy's Notes said...

What sweet Valentine d├ęcor! Oh my, I love toile too! Your postcards are beautiful and antique, awesome! Happy I found your blog, I'll be back!
Nancy

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Diana and Nancy! You're so thoughtful to stop by today! Nancy, thank you for the follow! I'm thrilled to find your blog too! Have a fantastic week!

judy said...

The postcards are addressed to Eagle and Phenix mills in columbus,ga, my hometown. Those 1800s mills are being converted to lofts overlooking the chattahoochee river.

judy said...

The postcards are addressed to Eagle and Phenix mills in columbus,ga, my hometown. Those 1800s mills are being converted to lofts overlooking the chattahoochee river.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Judy! I appreciate the information you provided. I love the river walk in Columbus too. I didn't realize they were converting the mill to lofts. Many thanks for taking the time to comment!

judy said...

Where are you located?

judy said...

Where are you located?

Cynthia said...

Beautiful touches Betsy. Love the hearts from Target. I don't usually decorate for Valentines Day. Love the bunting also.

Cynthia

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Judy, we're near Atlanta, on the south side- Peachtree City.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Cynthia! I'm trying to branch out a little. I'm more of a cherry red person, thank bright red though. This is very different for me. Many thanks for your kind comment! Stay warm!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love all of your Valentine touches…Not sure if I am going to get to decorating for Valentines this year…got to still get rid of Christmas!…too much traveling! Stay cozy and warm Betsy!..and got to visit the Target dollar bin after the snow clears!!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Your Valentine decor is Love-ly, Betsy. :) Where did you get the roses at such a good price?

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Shirley and Sheila! Sheila, the roses were from Michael's; I was amazed at how real they looked. They were 50% off. Many thanks for your thoughtfulness in stopping by!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your mantle is charming! I adore the rag garland.

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

So pretty. I just love Valentine's Day.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you! You're so thoughtful to stop by and comment! I appreciate your comments so much! Happy Valentine's Day!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Love the vintage post cards....and that banner!

Happy belated Valentine's Day to you!
karianne

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Karianne! You're so kind to stop by! I appreciate your thoughtfulness! I hope your Valentine's Day was very special!