Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas In The Foyer and Living Room, A Tour


Welcome to The Christmas foyer. The tree decorations are older, from the jeweled tones years. Thank goodness Merlot is popular this year! Burgundy is back, just named Merlot! Big smile!

The view toward the front door.
The living room is just off of the foyer. It has a tiny tree adorned with The White House historical association ornaments. 
The view of the opposite side of the room holds the piano that was a Christmas present a few years ago. 
I always use gold and black ornaments, greenery and my gold Santas because the room is decorated primarily  in gold and black.
Do you miss Bombay as much as I do? I have so many items around the house that I purchased there. This angel is one of them. 
I painted china many years ago. This ornament was painted by my teacher and a gift from my parents. 

The finals on the steps are dressed in their Christmas attire. 
My Mother's vintage Rhinestone jewelry, that I made into a tree, rests under the "Merlot" Christmas tree.
Thank you for touring the Christmas foyer and living room.

Linking to:
Between Naps On The Porch
Coastal Charm
The Scoop Cedar Hill Faramhouse
Home Goods

19 comments:

Pamela said...

Betsy everything looks beautiful! your entry way is amazing!!

designchic said...

It's so beautiful and I'm realize now how much work I have to do...stunning!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Your home is beautiful, Betsy. I can't believe how much work you put into decorating for Christmas. I am a lazy person!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you! I do love Christmas decorating! My Mother always had a tree in every room. I think she taught me my love for Christmas decorating! Many thanks for your kindness!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Betsy! Yes, I miss Bombay, too. Even just to look, although I did my share of buying. : ) I really love how your rhinestone tree turned out!

Dee @ A Lapin Life said...

Your home is so beautiful and grand Betsy! I love your entire Christmas decor. The painted Christmas ball is so pretty.

Bombay was my favorite place to shop for the holidays.

That is a sweet looking piano.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Kathy and Dee! I loved Bombay and picked up so many unusual items form there. I saw them on Joss and Main and am hoping they may come back! Many thanks for your kind comments!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a gorgeous welcome to your home!…you have such an elegant foyer and your decorations compliment that!…I love your White House ornament tree in the living room…I have many of them also but never thought to make a special tree for them…great idea!…and I am hearting that grand piano…what a magnificent gift….and my favorite has got to be the tree you made from your mother's jewelry…just gorgeous Betsy!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Oh, Shirley, you just made my day! Thank you for your kind comments! I first saw the White House Easter eggs on your blog and now I'm hooked on those too! Thank you for stopping by today! I hope your Thanksgiving was fabulous! Your mom is precious!

Connie said...

Bombay has an online website. Go to www.bombaycompany.com

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Connie! I had no idea! Great news! You're so kind to let me know!

Christine Graves said...

Gorgeous....truly gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it:-)

Anne Boykin said...

Hi Betsy, thanks for sharing your lovely foyer and living room with us. It's beautiful! Reminds me of Gone With the Wind.

Cynthia said...

Betsy, I am telling you I don't even nowhere to start this is so gorgeous. You have nailed every touch of Christmas so beautifully.

Cynthia

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Christine, Anne and Cynthia! Yes, I'm a traditional girl and I guess it shows in my decorating. I appreciate your time and kind comments today! Happy Holidays!

Jackie@AbsolutelySeriouslyFabulous said...

I adore your home!! I love the decor!!! So classic and gorgeous~!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Jackie! You're so thoughtful to stop by and take the time to comment!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh Betsy, how beautiful!! I love it all, actually, your house looks as if it could be in competition with the white house! This is just absolutely grand!!
Ok, forget about that invitation to my house, lol, you would cry when you walked in here.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Teresa! You're very kind! You have one of the most fabulous homes I have ever seen! I love the country! You have decorated it beautifully; I love your style! I have seen your home and I adore it! Many thanks for your sweet comment though!