Friday, November 29, 2013

Vintage Jewelry Christmas Tree- Christmas Craft

I have had my Mother's Rhinestone jewelry for 23 years and couldn't decide what to do with it. I searched Pinterest and found jewelry Christmas trees. I made a version on top of the laundry shoot in the closet and snapped a picture.

I bought an 8"X 10" frame and foam board. I covered the foam board with velvet using spray adhesive.

 I snipped the backs off of the with wire snips and used E6000 glue to attach the jewelry pieces to the velvet. I used canvas clips to hold the foam board firmly in the frame.  All if these items were purchased at Hobby Lobby.

 I remember seeing my Mother wear these pieces in the 60s. I think it's a great remembrance that I will enjoy  for years to come!

Thank you for the feature! I'm honored!
Be Inspired
Common Ground

Linking to:

My Romantic Home

Be Inspired
Common Ground


French Country Cottage

11 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It's beautiful, Betsy! What a great way to use your mother's rhinestone pieces. I always look for pieces like this when I go to estate sales. I've only been lucky enough to find a few. I'm going to use them on my gifts this year instead of bows.

Anne Boykin said...

Hi Betsy, I love the way you fashioned the tree! Beautiful! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Kathy and Anne! It's nice to have a tiny piece of her close at Christmas! Thanks for your kind comments!

Dana Bishop said...

My mother in law made a costume jewelry tree in a frame but it wasn't as elegant... Your design and layout are perfect! I love the sparkle of the rhinestones~ so festive. The frame is lovely too. A sentimental beauty!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Betsy! Your jewelry Christmas tree is absolutely gorgeous! And how sweet that it is your mom's jewelry, a real treasure. Love, love, love it!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Dana and Sheila! It's nice to have a little of her close! Many thanks for you kind comment and time in stopping by!

Dee @ A Lapin Life said...

WOW! I love your vintage Christmas tree Betsy. It's so very beautiful!!!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Dee! I feel like she is a little closer! I really miss her. This was her favorite time of year too. Many thanks for your kind comment!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

This is just stunning and I am sure you have wonderful memories of your mom and her beautiful jewelry…such a fantastic way to display it….you did a spectacular job Betsy!…Love it!!!

Debra Oliver said...

Betsy, I just love these jewelry trees, each year I want to make one, yours is just gorgeous, I'll be featuring this on Be Inspired this week.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you Shirley and Debra. I have really enjoyed this tree form Mother's jewelry this year. I wish I had made it sooner! Debra, I'm honored and appreciate the feature! Many thanks for stopping by!