Sunday, November 24, 2013

Christmas On The Screened Porch

 Welcome to the Christmas porch! Formerly, this was a deck without a fireplace.
This is one of my favorite areas to read or relax. The pond can be easily seen from here. 
I painted the table and sleigh some time ago. Each one was found at a thrift store. I used a "chalky" paint finish and it has held up beautifully. I waxed these pieces, but used wipe on poly on the other painted pieces on the porch.

The waterfall, from the pond, is behind this area. It's a great place to relax. My husband helped me make this vintage window when I had a booth. Several made it to my booth, but this smaller size didn't make it.
Vintage trim wood holds three, vintage, electrical conductors that usually hold tea lights, not ornaments. 
A Dollar Store garland decorates the topiary.
The magazine holder didn't make it to my booth either. 
The two chairs face the fireplace. I hope to purchase new furniture soon, but for now, the outside  furniture I used on the deck will do.

Don't ask me why, but I wanted a trike to use as a centerpiece this year. Fortunately, I found a vintage one at a friend's booth.
The vintage ironing board can be used a server. It's a great small size. I keep the French drying rack on it with glasses most of the time.
Antlers and Pinecones in a vintage wooden bowl 

I found the red egg basket at Tractor Supply for $4.89. I added scented pinecones and vintage red ornaments-
The mantel has snowman ornaments, mittens, stockings and sleds woven into the garland. 
Each year I try to add a little something new to my garlands- the icy branches are new this year. 
The tiny tree is on top of a vintage tool box.  
Thanks for stopping by today!
May you and your family keep the Christmas spirit the whole year through!

A special thank you to Dave and Mary for sharing our Christmas Porch. Please stop by and take a look around their fabulous site- Front Porch Ideas And More.


Linking to:
One on sidebar
Between Naps On The Porch


Coastal Charm

The Scoop
Cedar Hill Farmhouse

Savvy Southern Style
Savvy Southern Style


Helenes Legacy

Ivy and Elephants
Elephants and Ivy

21 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Such a beautiful space, Betsy! I love it and can just imagine it is a great place to relax all year long. Do you get to use it in the winter months? Love all your decorations. I won't start on mine until Friday.

Dee @ A Lapin Life said...

OH wow Betsy! Your porch looks amazing all decked out for Christmas. I love all the greenery and those adorable Santa pillows.
I bet you spend many hours enjoyed the waterfall in your beautiful heated room.

Dana Bishop said...

What an amazing transformation. I would lounge with morning coffee and a stack of decor magazines! I love all of your touches of red... Especially the egg basket. The waterfall is such a perfect complement. There is nothing more serene than the sight or sound of moving water. Thanks for providing so many lovely pictures!

NanaDiana said...

Oh, Betsy- It looks absolutely gorgeous. Homey and comfortable. I can see why you spend lots of time there. I love it- It is perfect! I have not used wipe on poly with the chalk paint. Did you like it as well as waxing? It seems like it would be a whole lot easier, too.

Anne Boykin said...

Hi Betsy, Your porch looks fantastic! Happy Thanksgiving!

Vicki Daugherty said...

My first comment on your blog.... I love your porch room! You have it decorated perfectly and my favorite item is the Tractor Supply basket. I don't think we have a Tractor Supply in my town, but if we did I would certainly copy you! Thanks for sharing. Vicki in Louisville, KY

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you for your sweet comments! I know it's a little early to show Christmas. I have to get an early start to get my decorating finished though. Your comments just made my day!:)

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Your porch looks wonderful, Betsy- always my source of envy. :) I would love to sit out there and dream away, listening to the waterfall.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Betsy…I so love your porch and it is so beautiful decorated so festively for Christmas!…You have so many wonderful vintage items to create the perfect vintage Christmas on the porch!!!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Sheila and Shirley! Stop by, we'll light a fire and have a cup of hot chocolate while we visit! Many thanks for stopping by today!

Cynthia said...

Betsy you nailed this big time, I love all your touches!!! The use of the urns with the trees is so pretty. I have to tell you I love that lamp with the burlap shade too. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!

Cynthia

Shelly Andrade said...

Oh your porch looks so inviting right now! It's FA-REEEEEZING up here right now. I'm chilled to the bone. Came home from work and am currently sitting on my heating pad in my LaZboy wearing three sweatshirts and buried under a thick Queen size comforter :D

Ann K said...

I love some of the unique vintage items you used to decorate with! I have a small porch that I would like to dress more 'Christmas-y' this year. I may try some of the ideas you used on yours, if I can find them at one of our local antique stores. Thanks for sharing!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you for your thoughtful comments today! The weather is much colder than usual, so we have the fireplace and heater going! There have been times we have had the ac on at Christmas! The crazy weather, of Georgia. Many blessings to you and your families, at Thanksgiving!

Patty Rumaker said...

Your porch is gorgeous. I would be out there all the time. Loving your holiday decorations, especially the little tricycle. Lovely.
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Patty! You are so thoughtful to stop by and comment. Your kindness is appreciated!

Lisa Natcharian said...

I love your vintage Christmas porch! If you have a minute, come on over and link it up at the Everyday Vintage party at Helene's Legacy. Your style is the perfect fit :)

http://heleneslegacy.blogspot.com/2013/11/everyday-vintage-link-party_22.html

Thanks,
Lisa

Ivy and Elephants said...

This is just FABULOUS!!! Love it!
Would you please share it with us at WIW? We'd love to have you.
Hugs,
Patti

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Patti, thank you for your kind invite! I'll be right over! You always have a fun party with many inspiring ideas! Thanks for stopping by!

Leah Clay said...

I can really feel the spirit of Christmas with the decorations you have in your screen porch. Everything looks fancy and wonderful. You can surely find interesting stuff in every part of the room! I like the Santa pillows the most. The little trike looks awesome too! Kids would love to spend time in this place!

Leah Clay @ VanderLaan Home Improvement

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Leah! You were so kind to take time from your day to comment! I appreciate your thoughtfulness! Merry Christmas!