Sunday, November 18, 2012

What Was I Thinking? [Re-purpose to a Chalkboard]

I found this at a thrift store. Hummm, looks like a great chalkboard to me!
Take off the pegged shelving, no problem. Fill the 24 holes with wood filler, no problem. Smooth the former holes big problem! Fill and smooth, fill and smooth, etc! 
Spray with Kilz, fill and smooth some more!  Second coat, same as the first! 
Tape with delicate area Frog Tape and coat with chalkboard paint again and again and again!
(Sorry this is fuzzy, I should have checked it first) 
Add a French graphic from The Graphic's Fairy and distress. 
Whew, this one was a doosey!

Linking to:

The Graphic's Fairy
  

13 comments:

Anne said...

Betsy all of your hard work paid off! That looks great! Love that graphic too!
xx
Anne

Ellie VanCaster said...

Wow-this is so pretty that it seems worth the work-especially since I didn't attempt it-LOL

Angie@slipcoveredgrey said...

You poor thing, I know what it's like when a project never seems to end. It's such a great feeling when it is complete though, isn't it? It turned out great! I am so glad you kept painting and sanding away. :-)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I know some of these things aren't easy, Betsy! It's like they are fighting their transformation! : ) I think it turned out great and I love the shape. I have a slim wood board I'm going to tackle soon and I have a feeling I'm going to be doing lots of coats of paint. I should make sure I get some primer because the painted design will be a problem I think.

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

That is discouraging when a transformation turns difficult, but your hard work paid off! The chalk board turned out great! :)

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cynthia said...

This came out so great. What a fantastic idea!

Cynthia

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

It looks great, Betsy! I'm glad you didn't give up on it! :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

OK...now that's beautiful Betsy..Your hard work paid off...!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

NanaDiana said...

Whoa! THAT was a lot of work- I don't know if I would have taken it on-but it turned out pretty sweet! Blessings- xo Diana

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you! I appreciate your time today!You are the best! Happy Thanksgiving!

alice said...

That turned out so great! Love Graphics Fairy too.
Smiles, alice

bellalullo said...

Love your blog!
La lavagna è stata magicamente trasformata!
I am following your blog
Ciao
Bellalullo

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate each note! I'll be sure to visit your blogs and return the follow.