Monday, November 12, 2012

Finally Completed [Silver Casserole Shelf]

I have had this silver-plate casserole in my garage for over a year! I bought a piece of wood, at Joann's, in the craft section. This wood was narrow, yet sturdy; it required less alterations with the saw. My hubby helped me cut it and add it to the casserole with a screw in each end. 
I painted the shelf with Annie Sloan's, French Linen, chalk paint. French Linen has gray tones, so it worked well with the tarnished silver. I also had it on hand. I have been using this can for almost a year on so many projects; it really lasts! 
  It looked a little plain so I added beaded chain from a ceiling fan pull. I painted that and added Rub and Buff, in silver, to the trim and shelf. It really seemed to dress it up and blend with the silver.
Whew, finally finished!

Linking to:
Cedar Hill Ranch

19 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Now THAT is a clever idea! Love it~ xo Diana

Kate said...

Betsy that is too stinkin cute!

Love it have a beautiful week

xoxo
Kate

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Well,aren't you the clever one?! Great idea!

Gina said...

Oh wow, what a creative idea!

Cynthia said...

Oh my, this a great and creative idea. Love it.

Cynthia

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you! Ya'll just made my day!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

That is so cute, Betsy- a great idea! I especially love that you used a chain from a ceiling fan pull to dress it up- so clever!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

What a cute and clever creation! :)

Ellie VanCaster said...

Wow, what a great idea-I like the way your brain works. Very nice!

Anne said...

Brilliant idea!I have one of those too and did not know what to do with it! Thanks for the inspiration!
xx
Anne

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you! I have been racking my brain on what to do with these. I have seen so many discarded and thought a wall of them might be cute in a kitchen. Thanks for your kind comments!

karen@somewhatquirky said...

funny - I bought one of these casseroles about a year ago to do this exact thing! Haven't done it yet because I didn't have place to hang it. I'll have to check to see it if will stand on it's own like yours. Love the extra trim you put across the front!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

I hope you were able to attend the Joyce Meyer live webcast. It was a wonderful opportunity.

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Hey Betsy, I haven't been here since the ladder post (been MIA)anyhoo, you have been extremely creative. Who would have ever thought of what you did in this post, and the headboard below? Your on the ball! I hope you slow down long enough to have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Great way to display those K cups. I've got them in a little hamper by the machine. Adorable repurpose!!

coach-daddy said...

Now, *that's* ingenuity. Well done!

Can you help me do something with about a half dozen deflated soccer balls and a peck and a half of kids' meal toys??

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thanks for your kind comments! I think I need a few more of these to hang of a wall for all sorts of goodies! So easy!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Ahhh that is one of the cutest, cleverest things I have seen!!...You are way too talented!!...Love it!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Aww, thanks, Shirley!